A Few Safety Tips To Help Protect Your Family And Pets
- Gather your family and talk about a specific place to go for shelter.
- Be prepared for a sudden emergency by learning how to turn off your water, electricity and gas.
- Prepare for severe weather when the weather is good not bad. Determine what you would do with your pets in the event of an emergency.
- When you travel away from home create the illusion that someone is home. Use timers for your inside lights or leave a radio on.
- It’s a good idea to install deadbolt locks on door entrances if you do not currently have them..
- Check on ‘who’s knocking’ by installing a peephole in your front door. Avoid allowing strangers to gain access to your home.
- Never leave extra keys under door mats, mailboxes, frame ledges or planters. Instead leave your extra keys with a friend or love one you trust..
- Use wood or metal bar along the sliding glass door track to prevent it from opening from the outside.
- Keep garage doors shut and locked when away.
- Use blinds and curtains on windows inside your home and keep them closed. Don’t advertise your personal possessions to outsiders.
- Store valuables like jewelry, money and securities in a safe deposit box.
- Have a family member check mail and pick up packages while away on vacation.
error: Content is protected !!